Site Inactive
Membership
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
WildStar News (hiddenarena)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reality Dysfunction (EU) Forum Index -> UI Customization and Addons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Systaden
Road_block
Cupcake

re: Systaden's Addon Recommendations

My recommended addons list

Addons mentioned here have been tested for no adverse effects.

General - Gameplay

• (*)CustomFoV: Lets you adjust the Field of View. Note: This is not the same as your zoom. WildStar by default has a 50 degree FoV, most mmos have a default of 75, which I personally find nice for this game as well.
  • ChatSounds: Adds sound to incoming messages in organized group channels (guild, party, warparty etc) as well as a special alert when your character name is mentioned in a global channel.
  • ImprovedChatLog: A more readable chat font as well fixes for some chat issues (chat preferences like profanity filter not persisting logout)
  • AdeleaUIFixes: Sticky whispers (yay!) and sorted Commodity Exchange listings. Works with ImprovedChatLog.
  • BetterWho: /who results in a proper window instead of chat, with working player context menu.
  • NoOfflineRoster: Adds a checkbox to default guild roster addon to allow hiding off-line players from the list.
  • PathAbilityPicker: Turns the path ability button to a flyout like the mount and recall buttons.
  • MailAutoText: Autofills title + text based on attachments.
  • SteadyPlates: Temporary. Some fixes for the default Carbine nameplates.
  • PotionKeyFix: Temporary. Fix for potion key disabling on zone or forgetting the potion set and for selected mount not sticking.
  • CostumeFix: Temporary. Fixes the flickering bug when costume items quickly jump between costume slot and inventory slot.

Map - Navigation - Location

• (*)GroupRadar: Pointers to group members. Extremely helpful in open world or small group instance content.
  • NavMate: Waypoints, coordinates and various improvements to the default Minimap / Zonemap.
  • Navigator: Points to closest quest / challenge objective.
  • MissionDistance: Adds objective / area distance to the Path Mission display.

Items

• (*)JunkIt: Sell junk button, auto-sell, auto-repair options added to the vendor windows.
  • RepairCostTooltip: Adds a tooltip with the overall cost to the repair all button on vendor windows.

Player - Inventory - AMPs

• (*)SAS: Quick LAS switcher and some automation support. Allows you to switch your Limited Action Set at the click of a button as well as based on innate ability.
  • (*)Mr.FancyPants: Nominated for best addon name ever, as well the best thing we have to a gearset management addon at the moment. Great companion to SAS.
  • AMP Finder: Improvements to the AMP Manager windows and item tooltips to show information on where an AMP can be unlocked or acquired.

Combat

• AuraMastery: Visual alerts similar to TellMeWhen/PowerAuras/WeakAuras (if you're familiar with the WoW addons) for buffs/debuffs/cooldowns/health/resource etc.
  • NexusMeter: Typical damage meter addon.
  • ThreatMeter: As the name says.
  • BijiPlates: Replacement nameplates with a better visual style and more options than the defaults (can have a performance impact)
  • Deadlock Extended (optionally KeybindFreedom): Mouselook toggle and target lock options. Attempts to create a true combat-mode like FPS games where you don't have to hold down RMB to steer. KeybindFreedom allows binding LMB/RMB to skills.
  • Steer (optionally KeybindFreedom): Same goal as Deadlock Extended, less configuration options / complexity.

Addon Support

• ColorPicker: Doesn't do anything on its own but is used by any addons that offer color options.

I've noted addons that I consider essential in the sense that they should (and probably will later) be part of the default UI with (*).

If you look over the list you will also probably notice that with the exception of BijiPlates I've only recommended addons that extend or improve the default UI rather than replace it.

I believe that this early in the game it's good to stay close to the default UI, than be gimped significantly when your total UI replacement fails as is bound to happen while the game API is still very much in flux.

That's a personal preference however, feel free to experiment with any addons you like, there's a sticky in this forum section for where to find more

Last edited by Road_block on Sun Jul 06, 2014 17:42; edited 9 times in total
Gune_

Super useful! Thank you! :)

Gune_

Here's a few addons i've found useful:

Interruptor shows a cast bar on your screen that makes interrupting a hostile cast much easier. Pretty nifty in dungeons where a successful interrupt can mean the difference between life or death.

TrackMaster Draws a line from you to your target! MANDATORY for healers! Nice for everyone else.

Systaden
Road_block
Cupcake

Edit: Both addons I was mentioning have had updates for the new patch and work again.

I am leaving the part about how to remove / disable addons in as it might yet prove useful in the future.

To disable user addons there's 2 options:

1. Permanently remove.

- WinKey + R to open the run dialog, then type %appdata%\NCSoft\WildStar\Addons and press Enter.

- Remove the SteadyPlates addon folder (as an example)

- Restart the game or if you were already playing /reloadui

2. Temporarily disable.

- From in-game, Esc to show config sidebar > Click Addons

- Find addon in list select it and press "Change Load Rules" button.

- Set it to "Do Not Load Addon" and x it.

- Press the ReloadUI button at bottom right.

Systaden
Road_block
Cupcake

Removed GalaxyMeter, added NexusMeter as a damage meter addon. (link at the first post as usual)

Much better performance (no cpu spikes), can keep more segments than the last one, under development with new features getting added all the time.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reality Dysfunction (EU) Forum Index -> UI Customization and Addons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: